Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Bacon Wrapped Asparagus

I recently made bacon wrapped asparagus, and fell in love. I have made it a few times with other brands of bacon, and let me tell you Jones bacon was by far the best tasting after it was cooked in the oven. Most gets rubbery and hard and this stayed fresh and tasted just right. This side dish is so easy to make, and easy to transport to a dinner party, or wherever you might be going!


I start by placing the asparagus on the pan and cover them in olive oil, salt, and pepper. Depending on how big the pieces of asparagus are, I usually take 4-5 pieces and 1 slice of bacon. Wrap the bacon around the center of the asparagus and push a toothpick through it to make sure it stays wrapped while cooking. Sometimes if the asparagus is really skinny, I will cut the bacon in half, or wrap it up the whole stalk instead of just the middle. This looks pretty neat, too!



Then I set my oven at 450 degrees and place asparagus in for about 8 minutes, then turn the bunches over and cook for about another 8 minutes. Easy as that! I recommend this to anyone! Hope you enjoyed, here are a few pictures!

















No comments:

Post a Comment