Sunday, October 10, 2010

Pesto and Goat Cheese Stuffed Pork Chops

I thought since I have been doing easier recipes lately, I would try something a little bit more difficult! Jones sells pork chops in packages of two, so it is easy for me to just go get one package for me and my fiance that way we don't have alot of leftovers...like normal!!
I started by cutting slit on the inside of the pork chop that way I would have a place for the stuffing to go. Jones also sells a variety of awesome goat cheese's, so it is so easy for me to only have to make one trip to get all of my supplies I need for this recipe. My mom and I made enough jars of our homeade pesto this summer to last us until next year, so I always have plenty of that. If you do not have pesto on hand, you can buy it ready to go. I took about 1 ounce of goat cheese and mixed it with a 1/4 of a cup of pesto for my stuffing. Since I am only making two, I did not need very much of anything, but obviously the more you make the more ingrediants you will need! :) I then put the stuffing into the slit of the pork chop, which is not as easy as it sounds for a first time stuffer over here! But once I got it all in there, I used toothpick to hold the slit shut while it cooked. I set the oven at 350 degrees and put the pork chops in a small casserole dish with 1/2 a cup of a dry white wine. I let it cook for about an hour, depending on your oven cook until tender, then enjoy! This recipe was fun for me to cook, because I get tired of making the same thing every week, so now I have a new favorite to add to my list!



Here are a few pictures...enjoy!







No comments:

Post a Comment