Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Chicken Broth!

I hope you all enjoyed all of the veggie post and will try out some new recipes! The next two weeks I will be telling you about the different chicken dishes that I have made. Now, looking back on it, I wish I would have made more of a meal out of the chicken rather than JUST the chicken, so starting with the next group I will try to be better about this! When I went out to the farm I picked up a whole chicken, I had never cut a chicken up before, so needless to say I was a bit nervous. I watched a video on Utube first, and then with my mom's help we got to work. It was a lot easier that I thought! I cut it into breast, thighs, wings, and legs. Then I used the bone to make broth. I boiled water in a stockpot then added the chicken bone, with some carrots, celery, onion, along with salt and pepper! I let it boil for 3 hours and then let it completely cool before I poured it into another container and put it in the refrigerator until I need it. I can't wait to use it and see if I can tell a difference from store bought, I am sure I will be able too because it smelt soo good!!!

Here is a picture of the bone cooking to make the broth! It doesn't look very good, but trust me it smelt great!




Hope you guys have a great day!

Erin

No comments:

Post a Comment