Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Squash and Zucchini Sauteed in Herb Butter

This was one of the first recipes I made this summer. Let me tell you after this recipe, that I thought was going to be easy peezy, I knew this blog was going to be a challenge, but a fun one! I started out gathering all of my supplies and finding a large enough pan. Here are the ingredients that I used--



3 tablespoons unsalted butter


2 zucchini's


2 squash


1 tablespoon of sea salt


1/2 tablespoon of ground pepper


3/4 cup of basil, torn and loosely packed



Once I got all of that together I washed the squash and zucchini and cut it up-zucchini I cut lengthwise and cut the squash in patty rounds. I started melt the butter into a large pan. Let me tell you, I had no idea how much smoke burnt butter could make! My mom was laughing at me! I guess I will only learn from trying with cooking. Anyways, after I got the butter melted, I added the zucchini and squash started to saute them, stirring occasionally to prevent them of burning. After about 8 minutes or until they are tender. I then added the salt, pepper, and basil. Simmer for a minute or two and you are finished!




After eating this recipe and if I would make it again, I would defiantly put a lot less basil in, it ended up overpowering the dish, in my opinion. Oh, and I will try not to burn the butter either! Ha.


Here are a few pictures!!




















Have a great day!


Erin

No comments:

Post a Comment