Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Eggplant Pizzaria

Hello!

Warning: I had never made eggplant before so I am going to be going into a lot of detail because not many people make a lot of eggplant, at least people that I eat meals with!


Like I said, I have never tried eggplant before, but decided that I was going to try many different things that I have not ever eaten for this blog. I went to Jones and got an eggplant, but still had no idea what I was going to make with it. One of my moms friends told me that it is good fried with pizza sause on it, which sounded delicious to me, but I am trying to stay away from as much fried food as I can! So I just got out my mom's small stone from Pampered Chef, sprayed it with oil, and placed three slices of eggplant on it since I knew no one in my family would be trying it, there was no need to cook the whole thing.



I preheated the oven for 350 degrees and placed the eggplant in the oven for about 15 minutes. I then got the dish out and flipped the eggplant(do not know if this step was totally necasarry, but I did it), and covered it with pizza sauce and shredded moterellza cheese, put it back in the oven for another 10-15 minutes or until the cheese was melted on top.


The recipe itself was really simple and fast. I was a bit hesitant to try it, but I did and it was not too bad! I actually ate both slices and enjoyed it. I would definatly make this again if I had other people to eat it with, that way I would not waste more of the eggplant than I actually ate, but that is okay.

Here is a few pictures of my finished product!...













Have a great day!


Erin

No comments:

Post a Comment