Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Corn on the Cob

Hello!


So I know a lot of people think corn on the cob is something very basic, but I think everyone makes it differently, so I am going to share my favorite way! My soon to be sister-in-law showed me this not too long ago, thanks Emily!


During the summer we like to grill everything we possibly can that way we can avoid turning on the oven and heating up the house! We started by pulling back the shuck, but do not rip it off. Pull it down as far as you can without it breaking off and remove off the hair from inside, and rinse. Then, I always soak it in water for about 30 minutes to make sure it is moist for the grill. After it is finished soaking, I rub it in butter and dash salt and pepper all over it. You can use a different spice if you wanted to, but I prefer salt and pepper. Then, pull the shuck back up and either use a rubber band to hold the shuck tightly upright, or i always just use a smaller part of the shuck that falls off and tie it around the top to hold it all together. Lastly, place on the grill for about 30 minutes, or until corn is tender, but it will still be crunchy because it is on the grill. Peel the shuck back and eat! I think it gives the corn more flavor because you cook the butter, salt, and pepper into the corn. Unfortunately I do not have any pictures of me making this, but at least it is something that is easily in-visioned!


Have a good day!

Erin

No comments:

Post a Comment